Ads2

Saturday 11 April 2009

Dubai

I was in Dubai recently. Prior to arriving in Dubai, I had the mindset that Dubai is an expensive place. Did not bother to prepare cash for shopping. When I arrived in Dubai - ah, that's when reality dawns.

I was fortunate enough to have a travel mate who's been to Dubai many times. First stop after arriving at 3am - nasi mandi - a type of rice with meat topping, near the clock tower. It wasn't cheap - about RM 30 per person, but the food was great.

Next stop - shopping for cloth. Wow. That was great. Spent more than RM 1500 on cloth. Got enough for 10 shirts and some for my girlfriends back at home. It was cheap, generally about RM12 to RM 30 per yard. Yes, they still use yards. 100% cotton - which is great to wear but a pain to iron.

Making shirts were cheap too. RM 30 each. The best part is, it could almost be done overnight. Fitting was perfect, although the tailor (Prince Taylor in Bur Dubai), did insist I try one first before making the rest.

Oh yeah - I guess I forgot to mention - it was a business trip. Business was bad, and I will write more on why in the next blog.

No comments: