Ads2

Tuesday 24 June 2008

Education Malaysia?

Education system in Malaysia is really rotten. I don't mean the current system. I mean the system when I was in back in 1986 till 1995. What got me started rambling about this is when I was in Sri Lanka, so many of my friends told me... "Wow, India must be terrible".

Hang on, for the last 60 years or so, Sri Lanka has been a independent country. It is not part of India. Sure, it is next to India, or Tamil Naidu to be precise, but hey, where on earth did they learn their history or geography?

It says a lot about modern life style. Firstly, the education system is bad. And it is made worse by modern society (read parents). Everyone wants to score well for exams. Heck, the purpose of school is to learn, not to score. What's wrong with these people. So the end results - no clue about Sri Lanka. Engineers without a clue what a LC circuit is. Mind you, that's an electrical engineer.

In the long term, this will result in people hating their jobs and taking it out on their family. I don't often meet people who are passion with what they do. As much as I dislike the management of Nible2, I am passionate about my job. I seldom go, oh crap, back to work. It would be like "Oh crap, no job satisfaction".

It is time the younger generations do things for the right reasons, for the right purpose. I am quite certain this is not the case only in Malaysia but worldwide. What are your opinion on this?

No comments: