Ads2

Thursday 9 February 2012

Communication Problem / Brain Dead

I am unsure which is the applicable case. Is it communication problem? Or just brain dead. Consider this. I asked a pretty gal recently:

"Is your boyfriend coming along?"
Her answer "He's working".
Huh? What's working got to do if he is coming along? He can work, and show up after work. Or he can be sitting at home, bored but yet won't show up. Don't they know how to communicate any more? What's wrong with them? What caused it? Too much TV? Too much Facebook? (Mind you, facebook is 'fun', but it is not intellectually simulating. Admittedly, it can be sexually simulating.)

Another gal was even better. I asked, "How many of you gals coming along?"
Her answer, "Maybe four or five".

What the heck? Could I book a table for maybe 4 or 5 persons? The waiter would think I am nuts. Or could I order "Maybe 2 or 3 beers"? I would well be target practice for the bouncer. So, what kind of shitty answer is that?

So, what would have been a proper response?
  • I will check and get back to you by Friday.
  • My boyfriend is working and he will be an hour late.
  • My boyfriend is unsure if he will show up, but do save a place for him. However, he will order when he shows up.

No, I wasn't planning an orgy. It was just a decent dinner at Sunway. What happened after the dinner would be another story.

No comments: