Ads2

Tuesday 4 March 2008

If it is not for last minute, nothing gets done

It is now 8.00am Malaysian time. My flight is in about 14 hours from now. I am right here, sitting in the office, updating my blog and my suitcase is still empty. Officially, I finish work at 5.30pm, so, I suppose I will have to sneak hope early to pack.

Germany is rather cold now, but I sure hope it is not snowing. That would not be fun. Yet to locate my gloves, I am taking it a long, just in case. The biggest dilemma is to decide what to take and what not to take. I prefer to travel with absolute minimum items from home. Only one or two pairs of shoes - best if they are fairly old shoes, that I could discard before returning home. Why? I need the space to do my shopping! I've discarded at least 4 pair of shoes while travelling - after purchasing a new pair that is. Oh, I am a guy, but I do some shopping for myself and for my dear sister.

In need badly of a new wallet, perhaps a new pair of shoes. Speaking of shoes. I could remember a trip to San Francisco. I had to purchase a new pair of shoes before travelling (bad timing for that trip, the old pair could not survive just for one more trip!). I got myself a Hush Puppy, for about RM 380 - which is rather expensive in Malaysia. Sadly, I threw it away after one trip - the soles were so thin. It is not comfortable at all and it was such a pain. I prefer European, American and Australian shoes, nothing too expensive (at most USD 120 a pair) and yet, so comfortable. So, to all the Malaysians travelling overseas - do consider getting shoes!

I will still have to print out some documents for my business meetings. Last night, I had a brilliant idea. Instead of just printing marketing stuff for Nible2, I have to print out some marketing stuff for myself. Yes, you got it right, my resume! As the saying goes, if you get lemons, make lemonade.

Cannot help but to wonder who will be the fellow passenger next to me tonight. I do not expect a sexy supermodel (like ChillyLady), but hey, at least someone who's not annoying. I have had my fair share of drama on flights - kids, mothers with kids, families yelling at each other, air sick passengers and once, a medical situation just a few seats away. The best of the lot was a Malaysian guy next to me on business class from Mumbai to Kuala Lumpur. When he sat next to me, he told me how much he was looking forward to enjoy all the liquor and the wine. He was pretty much boasting about his alcohol consumption. Was I worried flying with a drunk? Heck no. The next I knew, he was fast asleep and snoring! Didn't mind that chap at all.

More updates on my trip later. Got to pay some bills before I get stuck with work.

No comments: