Ads2

Thursday 20 March 2008

Pics!

Well, here are some pics of my latest trip to Germany.


Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) has to be one of my favourite airports. It has a great selection of shops and prices are very reasonable - especially liquor, cigarettes and perfume. Lots of restaurants, from high end to low end. Duty free is good - ciggies are only RM 45 per carton (less than EUR 10). In case you are wondering, I do not smoke. The only place I've seen with slightly cheaper ciggies is Singapore Airport.



I have no idea what this building is, but it is in Hannover, Germany. This pic turned out very nice. It was taken on my Nokia 6800. After I arrived, I've decided to walk around a bit. I try not to sleep during the day, otherwise, it would take a long time to get over the jetlag. Got over mine in less than 24 hours upon arrival. Sweet. :)

I had my first Magnum Yogurt in Munich, 2 years ago. I fell in love with it at first bite. Yummy. Every since then, I have been craving for this ice cream. Strangely, they do not have this flavour in Malaysia. It's not very sweet and it's frozen yogurt!


Hannover Hbf (main train station). A good landmark to meet someone in Hannover. However, if you want to shop, there is a Kaufland (I think that's how it is spelt), just behind Etap Hotel. Etap Hotel is on the left, after back exit of Hannover Hbf. Pic is the front. Don't be deceived by this picture. The skies were clear, but it was rather cold - at about zero degrees Celsius. Cold for a Malaysia, where the sun practically shines every day and the average temperature is 24 degrees C.

Was in Hamburg for a day trip. One of the few cities in Germany with a lake. A very nice place, more happening than Frankfurt. And yes, there's a lot of good seafood and a red light district. Not that I was spending much time with the gals!


Here are two pictures of my hotel room in Steigenberger Hotel. A welcomed changed indeed. It was luxury compared to my room at Etap Hotel. The large LCD TV as a nice to have but unfortunately most programmes were in German, I think. Deco was nice. Bed was very comfortable. Oh, if only I could share the room with H. I am sure we would have enjoyed the room, and each other!



Curiously, I cannot remember where did I take the picture below. Was it in Frankfurt or Hamburg? Hmmm. I have a terrible memory.

This is the first installation of pics. More to come, of my other trips event perhaps. Got some very nice pics to share. Most of them are not that great, but one always gets one or two good photos.

No comments: