Ads2

Friday 21 March 2008

Now, it is funny...

Looking back, it is sure funny now. However, when it happens, it could have been a murder case. Then again, the I am sure the judge would understand.

When I was in Germany, one of the Director's Personal Assistants (PA) called me. Bad enough I received the call on my personal phone, which meant that I had to pay for the call. The conversation when something like this:

Caller: Hello. Is this Wally?
Me: Yes, speaking.
Caller: I am Cindy. Donny is looking for a NotSure agreement.
Me: I am sorry, but I am in Germany now. Could you ask Pound?
Caller: Are you sure you are in Germany?

What the... am I sure I am in Germany? Of course I am. How can I be not sure? Could I have landed in the wrong country? Or accidentally walked to France? I wonder what was she thinking about.

Today, I asked M about a vendor. It's a new vendor for a brand new task.

Me: Who did the translation for this advert?
M: Oh, the usual vendors.

Who the heck exactly are the 'usual vendor'? This is our first time doing translation work on an advertisement. You know what? When I pointed this out to her, very gently, she got upset at me, for asking for specifics. What the ...

M has already resigned from QQQ. At this point, I told her that I wish her new boss all the best.

Another staff, N, is equally slow.

Me: When will you complete your task?
N: I started yesterday.

What the ... I asked when will she complete it, and she answers "started yesterday". Sadly, N has yet to resign. Think I must help her update her resume or something like that.

Terrible colleagues I have. Most of them are conspiring to drive each other up the wall, or out of the window. But it is worth a laugh now.

2 comments:

Monika said...

haha, that's actually funny.
I mean are you sure that you're on mother earth, not Mars?

Hamsap Goldfish said...

OH, I am pretty sure I am on earth, but unsure if my colleagues are from the same planet...