Ads2

Sunday 10 October 2010

Why I love My House

Disclaimer: I am writing this entirely on my own. I am not paid nor requested by Paramount Development. These are entirely my own views.

I have purchased my house for a year now, in Kota Kemuning. Sign the contract in July 2009, got the keys a year ago. Time flies. Well, my house is still pretty empty due to the lack of income this year. In any case, it beginning to look like a very good purchase. It is a corner lot, with more than 30 by 70 feet of garden.

The house was developed by Paramount. And here are the reasons why I think it is better than some other houses that I've seen, including those in Putra Heights.

  1. Paramount gives value for money paid. Drains are enclosed. No open drains in the front of the house.
  2. Power supply is three phase. Not required, but Paramount didn't mind spending the extra money. Three phase power allows me to expand my house in the future without the need to worry about insufficient power supply.
  3. Under-ground cabling. TNB Power cables are installed underground. No unsightly poles and wires running around.
  4. Good water pressure from the water mains.
  5. No problem with 'dirty' or muddy water. I suspect the pipes are in a ring layout rather than a dead-end configuration.
  6. Telephone cables - 10 pairs from the house's junction box to Telekom's junction box. Usually, they put in only one or two pairs. If it is damaged by lightning, there isn't too much spares around.
  7. Wide back lanes.
  8. Tiles are MML tiles. Very high quality indeed.
  9. Jotun paint is used. Again, high quality.
  10. House has high ceiling. Makes it cooler.
  11. No faulty plumbing (eg clogged toilets) during handover
  12. No faulty wiring (eg, light or power point fails to work)
  13. No faulty phone points (I heard my Telekom installer describing Gamuda's development nearby - more than 80% of the phone points in the house did not work!)
  14. Wiring are in actual conduits, not just part conduit part cemented into the wall.
  15. Electrical distribution box - MCB, MCCB and ELCBs are by EPS. A Malaysian brand, but has quality. Some developer uses some less known brands. Some even without SIRIM approval. EPS parts are not the cheapest in town.
  16. Wiring and cabling are correctly sized. Some developers or their contractors under-size the cables to cut cost.
  17. Paramount actually has land reserved for green lungs. Try Sime Darby. They sell and develop everything (case and point - USJ). They even want to develop the lake near SS15. Bugger.
  18. Plastering work is very well done. Walls are considered very smooth given that it is done by the developer.
  19. Provides autogate wiring - using proper armoured cable. Some buggers (including private autogate installers) would use ordinary PVC cables. That will cause never ending problems.
  20. Electrical Earthing of my house is actually below 5 ohms. This is better than some power stations and well below the ISO requirement of at most 8 ohms.
In short, I trust that Paramount has done their best and indeed delivers quality. They do not cut corners and do not mind spending the extra. I truly appreciate it :)

No comments: