Ads2

Wednesday 17 September 2008

September 16

I remember a Lat cartoon, on the subject of the Pas - Umno debate many years ago. Lat drew a volcano, with much rumble and earth shattering effect before the debate. Alas, on the date of the debate, it was just 'poof', with nothing more to happen. Nothing changed. Life goes on.

It looks like September 16 is the same. About 24 hours have since gone by, nothing happened yesterday. Doesn't look like something will happen today. What an anti-climax. You know what? There isn't even a road-block setup by the police. At least they reacted when Anwar was arrested about two months back. But nothing on Anwar's talk of a change in government.

Lehman Brothers dominated the news. And life pretty much goes on. A bigger news would be Zaid resigning as the de-facto law minister. He has my full respect. He should be the prime minister. He has shown integrity.

I wonder what else will happen. I suspect there won't be much of a show. Boring. As I always agree... politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often for the same reason. I guess Anwar has had his days when he was with BN. Never forget, he was with BN! Which makes my mind boggle.... will the present King remember Anwar's doing of cutting petroleum royalty to his state when Anwar was the Finance Minister?

No comments: