Ads2

Monday 31 August 2009

Grow Grow Grow

Nope, not talking about my private part (that's good enough as it is, thank you very much), but rather the plants in my garden. For the past many years, the poor plants are either half dead or dead. Did lots of homework and research - found out that trace minerals were missing. The usual NPK fertilizer helped a bit, but not for long. Organic matter helped, but the plants looked weak.

So, after all my research, I settled for "ACE All Plant Food". Got it from Ace Hardware Summit, Taipan, RM 41.90 for 2.2kg. It has trace minerals like Boron, Zinc, copper and many more. Only two missing - magnesium and calcium. Tried mild dosages on a few selected plant as I didn't want to murder what was left of my garden. Nothing died. Increased dosage.

And the conclusion - it works. I am now using about 1 teaspoon (it has one included in the box) per watering can (which I estimated it to be about 5L of water). Once a week, every Saturday morning. The plants are growing well. Healthy. Started it on the trees outside my house - they haven't grown much for the last 15 years. Reminds of the film "pokok" by Nik Aziz as part of 15Malaysia by P1.

Nett nett - it works. To add calcium, just use egg shells - that's free and Epsom salt from Caring Pharmacy (RM 6, I think, per box) for magnesium. Oh - not too much, quarter of a teaspoon per 5L will do.

The downside is, it can cause water polution if the fertilizer is leached / washed away. In other words - use smartly (just like your private parts - it can be lots of fun if used sparingly and wisely). Hahaha.

No comments: