Ads2

Wednesday 3 March 2010

P1 Potong or P1 Sotong

I am now using P1 for my new house. At times, the darn thing works very well. At other times, it sucks. It is not very fast, but better than Maxis or Celcom. Yet to try DiGi here (Kota Kemuning). Using P1's test tools, I can get a good reading. I do notice that changing the DNS server to OpenDNS helps (especially with Streamyx).

For all DNS server changes, the settings must be made at the modem (DSL or P1) for it to be effective. I have noted that changes on the PC (Windows Vista / 7) is kind of useless.

Back to P1. What's the verdict? I will keep it for now. I am unsure if I would want it in the long term. It isn't that much cheaper. It isn't any faster than Streamyx. The only good thing is, my Streamyx service is heck a lot better in USJ since P1 has been launched. TM has fibre optics to the area now. I wonder what took those buggers so long.

In short, regardless is P1 Wimax useful or not, it sure has Streamyx / TM pulling up their socks. Competition is always good.

No comments: