Ads2

Sunday 23 November 2008

Coffee Money

Many months ago, a apek (old man of Chinese decent, speaks like a China-man, acts like one, looks like one, but isn't exactly one) complained about the cops. He alleged that the cops are very corrupt. He then related a story that just the other day, he was stopped by the police for no apparent reason while driving in a small town. Then they asked for his licenses, he had to hand them RM 30 (that's about USD 10).

This is the part I go, what the eff, apek? People stop you, you dish out money. Wei. If that's the case, I would also do the same. Just stop someone, and you get RM 30 - all in less than 5 minutes. Really, I would do it too. I doubt it very much if it is even a bribe. Why? Bribe, by nature, is to influence the way someone acts. So, if the police did stop them, maybe it was just a random thing. There could have been no offence, but what the eff - if you offer money, I would take. That didn't influence me in letting someone go (there was no offence to start off with).

So, thanks to the stupid public like this apek, they give the cops a bad name and then, they blame the cops. Frankly, it would be stupid if they didn't collect the money. After all, if someone is dishing out money (say if Donald Trump did that), I really don't see anything wrong in just collecting it. I am against bribery, but hey - it takes two to tango.

For the record, I've never bribe anyone before and will not do it either. Have been stopped by the police on a couple of occasions, but usually it's nothing more than just a glance at my driver's license. Fair enough - they are just doing their jobs.

No comments: