Ads2

Sunday 23 November 2008

Rule by Example

This morning, I read that a fatwa has been issued to discourage / ban Muslims from doing yoga in Malaysia. No comments from me, as I am not a Muslim. A couple of days ago, a chap called Abdul Razak Baginda, formerly accused of blowing up a lady, walked free and held a press conference. That bothered me.

Putting two and two together, why isn't Abdul Razak Baginda is charged for khalwat or zina? After all, he did admit having an affair, which is haram (at least that's what I thought). I sure hope someone out there can clarify subject matter. Someone admits zina, which is - I think, haram - yet he has not been charged at the Syariah Court? Or is khalwat only charged if they happen to 'kena tangkap basah' by the religious department? I am still trying to figure out how it all works. The mind boggles.

No comments: