Ads2

Sunday 23 November 2008

Designed for Security, Not

There are two houses near my place, just complete their renovation. Every time I drive past, I look at it in awe. The renovation work is not too bad actually, but my mind boggles. The first house, has a new gate installed. The gate design? Square frame with horizontal bars spaced about 20cm a part. What the eff? Hey! It looks like a bloody ladder to me.

How on earth can someone come up with such a design. I mean, sure, you can love Jeff for his ideas of a gated community (refer to previous posts), but this is a new 'high'. The other house, has the same darn design as their fence. Horizontal metal bars, placed like a ladder, looks like a ladder, but it is not a ladder. But it darn well functions as one.

So, people, please ...unless this is a new trend, please think and design properly. No idea if it is the home owner's bright spark or were they taken for a ride. Either way, the mind boggles.

No comments: