Ads2

Sunday 28 December 2008

The passing of Tuanku Ja'afar

I was in Melaka yesterday when I heard that Tuanku Ja'afar, the Yang Di Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan has passed away. Sad news indeed. I grew up in Seremban - so, Tuanku Ja'afar was the Head of State since I was born.

Never making much of the headlines, but I could remember him from my school days. He would be present for some functions. In Convent (no, not where I studied!), he would be there when the school concert was on. It used to be a yearly affair a long time ago. Don't ask me how I got involved. I was still a kid back then, so it has nothing to do with chasing skirts. Tuanku Ja'afar was usually on time for the functions and he sure did take an interest in the schools.

Such is life. Some how, I will miss my Yang Di Pertuan Besar a lot.

No comments: