Ads2

Sunday 10 April 2011

On The Way

This is another answer that gets me.

Question: Where are you?
Answer: On the way.
Next question: Would that be one leg out of bed, naked in the shower, or 1km from the office?

Again, it is clear enough. "Where" refers to a location. "On the way" refers to an action. So, how could the answer gel with the question? And frankly, I don't care if you are on the way or not. On the way can mean anything from "One leg out of the bed while french-kissing your wife/gf/bf" to "Just outside the office opening the door to enter the office".

Surely, that's a great difference. So, please respect each other's time. I can understand the occasional traffic jam due to accidents, floods, etc. Then again, if I could get there on time - why can't you question comes to mind.

This reminds me. I went for a meeting in Ipoh. I had a meeting in KL, picked up a buddy, then drove to Ipoh. Had a quick lunch and was at the venue spot on. One lady from Ipoh, was 15 minutes late. It was to meet the end client (not that lady!) for a million ringgit contract. Bugger.

That lady got it big time from my buddy. Serves her right. If her boss was not there, we would have went ahead without her. I would have done that. After all, she isn't a lady with a killer body and seductive smile. If one has those qualities, I would say it is OK. Why? Because the end-client would be dying to see her, and making the client wait would have been smart. More "kan-cheong" (exciting) right?

2 comments:

smudger said...

Hahah to me being 'on the way' means exactly what it says. On the way. I could be just stepping out of my front door and I'd still consider it 'on the way'. I AM making my way there now aren't I? :P

Hamsap Goldfish said...

I am sure you are on the way to make your point...hahahaha :)