Ads2

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Dating Site: What not to write

I have been visiting Match.com, with a profile and all. For fun, as I am not expecting to find a gf. H is good.

But what I read blows my mind. (I prefer the other kind of blow, if you know what I mean).

Take this for example:


Prefer toned skin guy, muscular or not , ... have a chatting great time. Prefer the guy could be gentle at girls but not nice to all girls
This is classical. So, what is she looking for? A bipolar guy? How can I guy be nice to her only and be a monster (ok ok... I am taking to the extreme) to other girls? Of course, there are guys who are nice to one gal only. That is true - so long as he is waiting to bed her. You get the idea. If he is a nice guy, he is a nice guy. Same with girls. If she is sexy, she is sexy to everyone - lesbians included. How can someone appear different to different people? That's a serious disorder.

Another gal, has user name "jojo-armani". Err. What is this suppose to mean? You are a material girl? That's good for some guys. They want to shower you with gifts to get what they want in return. But if you want a long term guy - I seriously doubt such a name will work.

Or was it a corporate sponsorship deal? Perhaps I should change my name to Uncle Milo and see if Nestle actually pays me to advertise. Heck, I should be closer to Uncle Playboy, or Uncle Sri Hartamas B2B.

im looking a man that can share fun,joy,love,life.....experience...

I am not sure what this girl is expecting, but it is going to be a disappointment for her. Yes, you share fun, joy, love, life, experience, toilet. Unfortunately, it comes with sorrow, sadness, anger, difficult times. 

This is life. It cannot be all good. There are ups and downs. If we have unrealistic expectations, of course it is going to be miserable later. So, let's get real. It won't be all a bed of roses.

I hear you - why put the bad stuff in your dating profile? But if you are after someone down to earth, someone sincere - well, you have to be sincere too. Just put everything on it.

Why am I on a dating site? I just need a good laugh sometime. What is on my profile - literally nothing.

No comments: