Ads2

Sunday 10 August 2008

Poor Confused Lost Souls

Nope - it is not about the souls roaming the streets during the Chinese Hungry Ghost Festival. FYI - the festival falls on August 14th, 2008. So, keep your windows shut, lock your doors and get home early! Sometimes, people ask me - do you believe. To me, it is darn simple. If there is no harm in believing, what the heck - I believe and respect it. I rather err on the safe side!

Anyway, back to the topic. My acquaintance and colleague, Liz, is getting married soon. Naturally, it would be a big event for her - or for any gal for that matter. As a guy, I could understand, althought it would matter a lot less for guys in general.

Lately, I have noticed Liz to be darn stressed out at work. Apparently her to-be-hubby wants her in a green tutu which would make her look like a bright green Granny Smith. That's among her many problems. Mind you, the bloody wedding is still at least 6 months away. Talk about planning. There has also been other disagreement between Liz and her future hubby.

So, I asked her a question which really stir things up. "Do you want a happy wedding or the perfect wedding?" Ah. She gave me the LOST look. She wanted both I guess, but there is only so much we mortals can do. I asked her again, would she choose a perfect wedding or a happy wedding? She kept quiet. I decided not to push it any more. Making a gal sob at the workplace would be the last nail in the coffin for me as far as my reputation at work is concerned.

Really? Which would you prefer? Something with many screw ups that we can have a good laugh at the end of the day or something perfect but so tense. Hmmm. After all, this is what life is all about. So what if things are not perfect. The least we can do is be happy! Let me know your thoughts.

No comments: