Ads2

Sunday 10 August 2008

Pregnant - Part II

Well - more updates on the pregnancy case, the underage runaway girl. Since my last blog on her, I have met up with her on two occasions. She is / was staying in a new township in Puchong. Not accessible by bus. Taxi would cost her RM 35 just to reach IOI Mall. Sad.

Online, she was begging me to get her food. It was a long shopping list with many basic stuff for her to do her own cooking. Didn't have the ability to worry if it tasted good, but she was surviving on bread and instant noodles, despite her pregnancy. She was also craving for KFC. She's a teenager after all. Who wouldn't. Spent about RM 200 on groceries and some KFC for her. No, she didn't have the cash to pay me. So, it is pretty much charity work on my part.

Somehow I've managed to talk her into going back to her home. Yup. She started by calling her mum. She did tell me her mum asked her to return home. So, the good news is - she's Singapore right now, where her mum and brother is. Whatever it is, she always told me she misses her brother. She was just OK with the mum but hated the mum's current boyfriend. Complicated eh? Reminds me of Avril Lavigne's song.

Not sure how things will work out. At least this is one hurdle over. She will be back in Puchong just to collect all her belonging. I think I would end up being her free cab service. Frankly, I don't mind doing it. I rather see her back at home than end up dead in a botched up abortion at an illegal clinic.

Hmmm. This is one outcome that money cannot buy. I can only hope it goes well from now on.

No comments: