Ads2

Tuesday 15 April 2008

Dreaded visit to the Dentist

It's Tuesday and I have been caught in the strangest of tug of 'war'. My Head of Department, let's call her A, doesn't want me her department. I have been 'jobless' for the last two weeks. Not that I am complaining, but I do welcome the change from the sheer madness. It is good to just sit around and keep the chair warm.

Another HOD has resigned and he wants me to take over. His section is a pile of crap, which he admits. While I have no preference, my current HOD, A, has decided to keep me around. I have no idea why she wants to keep me around when at the same time, I have just been asked to keep the chair warm. She is just toying with me? Or wants to freeze me to death? Or am I her insurance policy - when things go wrong, I can be the sacrificial lamb.

But that's just business. I don't loose any sleep over it. What's on my mind is, tomorrow's appointment with the dentist. To remove the wisdom tooth. It will hurt my wallet. My jaw will hurt. Mouth will hurt. I will have to keep my mouth shut but I sure hope I am not disabled in pain, to the point I am unable to blog.
My colleague had his wisdom tooth removed sometime back. Took him 6 days to recover. And many visits to the dentists. He was chewing on ice chips, eating ice cream and a extremely soft diet for days. When he showed up for work, his face was still swollen. Oh well, at least I know what I am in for. I sure hope I have chosen the right dentist!

No comments: