Ads2

Sunday 6 April 2008

MP Longkang

Big news on The Star, a government controlled newspapers. Member of Parliament (MP), Azlina Othman, who is now the Minister for Tourism is busy cleaning up some garbage. This is the classical MP Longkang - or Drain MP.

In the past, the rakyat (citizens) used to be very happy when their MP could get the town councils to clean the drain. But heck, the year is 2008 and MP Longkangs are now obsolete. Most of the MP Longkangs lost their pants during the last general elections. Guess what? Someone forgot to send a memo to Azlina to tell her not to be a MP Longkang or Minister Longkang.

Can you believe it? Your MP or Minister is busy cleaning up some garbage, when clearly that's someone's job scope? This is a similar problem in Nible2. Engineers love to do the job of a technician. The technicians will end up doing a operator's work. The managers? Of course, they will be doing the engineers work. Who's the manager then? It's call no management. Nothing new here.

Some say I am mean, but I think I am being very fair. I keep telling my staff. If they (executive staff, such as Marketing Executives) are caught doing administrative work (such as being a typist for the week), I will ask Nible2 to only pay them what a typist is worth. I don't deny that the statement can be mean, but hey, do your job.

My HR manager is another idiot. He prefers hiring managers, with the rational that managers can do the job of the executives. He doesn't like to hire executives because they can only work as executives. So, Nible2 ends up with tonnes of managers without any executives. I once told that idiot, why don't he fires all the cleaners in Nible2? That will save some money. After all, managers can clean toilet.

At times like this, I really feel like asking them. "Can you please look out of your window and tell me what's the colour of your sky? In my planet, it's blue."

MP Longkang Azlina hard at work. She is no more than a grossly overpaid drain cleaner. Of course, this joke of the day was proudly brought to you by Barisan National, picture from http://www.thestar.com.my/.

No comments: