Ads2

Tuesday 29 April 2008

When was the last time you prayed?

During my last trip to India, my colleague took me to see a clairvoyant. How much do I believe in a clairvoyant? Well, I believe a monk sums it up the best... the future is uncertain. I do believe that the future is uncertain.

The clairvoyant did make some predictions, but one questions that got to me was "When was the last time you prayed?". I admit that I am not a religious person, but I would have felt better if I could have answered "10 years ago". Why? Because at that point of them, I did not even know or remember when was the last time I prayed.
Not praying is one thing. Cannot even remembered the last prayer is really bad. I could not even say I do not pray. Urrggh. This is really bad.
So, nett nett, what does this mean. I think I will spend less time having fun or travelling for business. Time to spend some time on other stuff. I do not believe in spending too much time praying per-se (I think the time can be better spent doing something else) or spending money to build a bigger temple / church. I rather do some charity work whereby the money goes to the poor.
Coming weekend, I intend to go to Montfort Boys' Home's fun fair / Open House Carnival. After that, I would try to spend more time doing pro bono tuition for the poor. I am worried what subjects could I teach after all these years away from the academia. Then again, I am sure there are areas that I can contribute towards.

No comments: