Ads2

Sunday 6 April 2008

Suspicious Characters

More Singapore bashing. I was in the MRT on the way to Geylang, the infamous red light district in Singapore. And there was this announcement which went "If you see anyone suspicious, please report it to the authorities". Could someone please define suspicious?

There are plenty of suspicious people around. I mean, we all need a proper definition right? Should I report everyone? Or someone? And by the way, who exactly was I to call? The announcement was not smart, at best. Unsure what the Singaporean authorities are up to, perhaps just to instill fear.

And, how should the report be made? I mean, heck, if Osama was standing next to me, like hell I am going to pick up my phone, dial 999 and say "Geez, I think a Mr. Osama is next to me." Do I look stupid or as if I have a suicidal wish? Heck, I don't think I would want to piss Mr. Osama off. Am I afraid of him, if he's next to me? Rationally, no. No bombs ever exploded in his presence. But I am not about to piss him off by calling 999. Or what if there is someone in the MRT with a gun, yelling and shouting. Would you call the authorities in his presence?

And on the subject of suspicious characters, here are two on the MRT:

Do click on the image to enlarge it. Firstly, the guy with the Sunkist box. Now, Singapore is a very fashion conscious country. Or rather, very "Kiasu" (afraid to loose, always wants to be the best) place. So, why on earth would a guy walk around town with a box of 'Sunkist' oranges? Even if a Singaporean wanted to buy a box of oranges, they would put carry it around in their LV or Gucci bag. At worst, it would have been a fake LV or a 'Guchi' bag. So, should I report this guy? In addition, he has a pouch strapped to his waist. Very suspicious indeed.

Even more suspicious would be the student, sitting next to the guy with the Sunkist box. He must be in secondary school, in uniform. You noticed? Heck. That guy is actually reading newspapers! Something has gone horribly wrong. Where's his Game Boy? Or MP3 player? Or his Nokia N82? Or he should be checking out babes, like me. Should I report him as well? He is definitely very suspicious.

I can only hope no one reported me to the authorities. I had H in one arm, hugging her. My eyes were busy checking out some hot babes. Singaporean babes do look good. Hot body. Good taste in dressing. Generally, very yummy looking. Hehehe. So, should I be reported for checking out babes (and perhaps drooling...)?

Nett nett, I have not a clue what the announcements are for, but just political propaganda.

No comments: